The spirit of a startup at one of Germany's largest family-run businesses? A contradiction? Certainly not: At Oetker Digital we support our group companies in shaping their digital agenda and share our competence to pursue the digital future of the Oetker Group. We have a deep understanding of emerging trends and help to develop new business fields. Our ambitious goals will lead us and our group companies along exciting paths!
As a Senior Investment Manager, you are part of our Oetker Digital venture investment team, responsible for investments in digital startups in the food and adjacent industries and the positive development of the Oetker investment portfolio.
Senior Investment Manager
- As part of the investment management team, you will build and develop a strong deal pipeline and lead the evaluation of investment opportunities autonomously. You will be responsible for commercial and financial due diligence
- You will lead negotiations with founders and co-invest partners autonomously and you have basic experience in relevant fields of corporate and business law to successfully coordinate external legal consultants or in-house lawyers in negotiation processes
- You will actively manage the portfolio post-investment including the ongoing assessment of the portfolio companies’ performance. Therefore, you will pro-actively work on the identification of their risks and opportunities and together with the team you will actively assist in the development of these assets
- You will take part in detailed analyses of relevant markets and companies across various sectors, identifying companies with untapped potential
- You have an excellent academic background and a minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Venture Investment Manager in an investment fund, family-run business or corporate venture capital vehicle
- You have a proven track record of investments made over different investment phases as well as realized exits or verifiable value creation with investments made
- Your entrepreneurial mindset is combined with a very good understanding of business principles and a strong analytical skillset
- You have a structured and data-driven work approach, prioritizing skills and a positive problem-solving orientation
- You are an independent, pro-active networker with very good communication skills.
- You are an empathetic and trustworthy team player with high accountability and respect from colleagues, network and founders
At our Berlin office, you will pursue greenfield, customer-centric projects with impact on the Oetker Group both domestically and internationally. We invite you to voice your ideas and explore new paths, in an open-minded, motivated, team-oriented environment.
Our core values reflect those of a family-run business, and as such we are committed to investing in you, your personal and professional development.
Interested? Become part of our team and shape the future of the Oetker Group!
Get in touch with Lisa Elling:
Oetker Digital GmbH | +49 (0)30 555 796 871 | www.oetkerdigital.com