The spirit of a startup at one of Germany's largest family-run businesses? A contradiction? Certainly not: At Oetker Digital we support our group companies in shaping their digital agenda and share our competence to pursue the digital future of the Oetker Group. We have a deep understanding of emerging trends and help to develop new business fields. Our ambitious goals will lead us and our group companies along exciting paths!
Senior Data Engineer
- Develop within our Data Team the data infrastructure which will be the technological backbone for our data products and analytical data platform
- Get the chance to use a broad variety and large amounts of data from Oetker Group companies and Oetker Digital’s ventures to enable building up new digital services and solve business-critical problems
- Support the growth of our Data Team and help build up a team setup characterized by autonomy, trust, ownership & alignment and help promoting our data driven culture
- Work closely in cross-functional Product Teams with experts from our Engineering, Product and Domain Teams on challenging data topics and products
- Mentor and develop (Junior) Data Engineers
- Wide experience in agile Data Engineering space with solid track record in Data Product Development
- Advanced knowledge of Python and SQL, Scala or Java knowledge
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining data processing systems and data pipelines for batch and stream processing at scale (e.g. using Spark, Hadoop, Presto, Storm, Flink, Heron or similar)
- Knowledge in Docker to create, package, deploy, and run applications
- Expertise in operating Kafka at scale
- Deep understanding of Cloud Data Platforms like Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure cloud stack
- Know-how of other data storage technologies (NoSQL and RDMS) such as Hive, HDFS, MongoDB or Cassandra
- Experience in workflow management systems, e.g. Airflow (preferably), Oozie or Luigi for script orchestration
- Fluent in English – German is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of GCP’s BigQuery, PubSub, DataProc, Cloud Storage etc.
Work life balance
We offer flexible working hours and sabbaticals.
We support your professional and personal development.
German + English classes
Brush up your language skills.
Food baskets, free drinks, terrace, showers, playstation and kicker are ready for you.
We assist you with the relocation from outside of Germany.
We share knowledge at our Engineering breakfasts or All Hands presentations.
Access to public transport
Our office is located directly at S+U Frankfurter Allee.
We love to have fun together at Christmas parties or Pub Quiz.
We provide corporate discounts, personal accident insurance, company pension & active lunch breaks.
At our Berlin office, you will pursue greenfield, customer-centric projects with impact on the Oetker Group both domestically and internationally. We invite you to voice your ideas and explore new paths, in an open-minded, motivated, team-oriented environment.
Our core values reflect those of a family-run business, and as such we are committed to investing in you, your personal and professional development.
Interested? Become part of our team and shape the future of the Oetker Group!
Get in touch with Yvonne Scheja:
Oetker Digital GmbH | www.oetkerdigital.com