The spirit of a startup at one of Germany's largest family-run businesses? A contradiction? Certainly not: At Oetker Digital we support our group companies in shaping their digital agenda and share our competence to pursue the digital future of the Oetker Group. We have a deep understanding of emerging trends and help to develop new business fields. Our ambitious goals will lead us and our group companies along exciting paths!
We're looking for mobile engineers with experience in iOS, Android, and cross-platform development, at all levels from junior to senior. You might specialise in one area and be interested in broadening your skills, or you may have experience across a number of areas and be looking to deepen your expertise.
Because we're starting from scratch, we're free of technical debt and you'll have the opportunity to shape the way we approach engineering.
Join our growing team in Berlin as
Mobile Developer (m/f)
iOS, Android, React Native - all levels from junior to senior
- You'll develop state-of-the-art iOS and Android apps, and optimize them in collaboration with our UX experts to maximise user experience and performance.
- Collaborate in small agile delivery teams with our product management, user interface design, user experience research and analytics colleagues.
- You'll shape high-quality software within agile and test-driven processes is one of your main responsibilities.
- Contributing to great architectures and building the base of easily-extendable and well-maintainable applications is something you enjoy and take pride in.
- As a highly collaborative, team-oriented person you want to work in an ambitious and creative team.
- You're not afraid to try new things and are willing to learn from others as well as sharing your own expertise.
- Mentoring and developing your team will be a big part of the senior roles; as a junior you'll benefit from the support and expertise of a team who know how to do things properly.
Our technology stack
- Mobile: iOS - Swift, Android - Kotlin, React Native
- Frontend: React, Node.js, Vue.js
- Backend: .Net Core, ASP.Net Core, Rails
- Infrastructure: Docker, AWS
- Good experience in one or more of iOS, Android and cross-platform mobile development. For senior roles, we're looking for 5+ years of experience, but for junior roles we're just as interested in your aptitude and enthusiasm.
- You're a pragmatic engineer with a knack for problem solving, who has proven skills in creating innovative apps with elegant user interfaces.
- You've got a solid understanding of one or more of Swift, Kotlin and React, as well as object-oriented paradigms for both. If you know when and when not to use other approaches such as reactive programming, that's even better.
- You have a preference for working test-first to produce clean code, with good knowledge of design patterns, continuous integration and also a practical understanding of lean and agile practices.
- You are interested in diving into different disciplines to broaden your knowledge in other fields of expertise.
- Experience of frontend and/or backend technologies is a bonus, as is a knowledge of tools like Docker, AWS, and continous deployment.
- You're fluent in written and spoken English. German isn't essential, but is helpful.
We're actively trying to build a diverse team. We encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you meet all of our technical requirements exactly - for junior roles, your attitude and willingness to learn are the most important things.
As part of an open-minded and highly motivated team you will pursue interesting projects with impact on the Oetker Group. Voicing your own ideas and exploring new paths, you will work in a team-oriented environment. Our core values reflect those of a family-run business and as such we are committed to investing in you and your personal and professional development. Our new Berlin office in Prenzlauer Berg offers fresh fruit, free drinks and delicious products from Oetker Group companies.
Interested? Become part of our team and shape the future of the Oetker Group!
Oetker Digital GmbH | Nora Erdmann | +49 (0)30 555 796 871