The spirit of a startup at one of Germany's largest family-run businesses? A contradiction? Certainly not: At Oetker Digital we support our group companies in shaping their digital agenda and share our competence to pursue the digital future of the Oetker Group. We have a deep understanding of emerging trends and help to develop new business fields. Our ambitious goals will lead us and our group companies along exciting paths!
At Oetker Digital, Back-end Engineers work on a variety of products that impact the lives of millions. Working in a cross-functional team as a technical expert, you will give our products their functionality.
The Oetker Group companies span industries from FMCG, Finance to Hospitality. You will build user-facing products from scratch, within diverse industries for millions of users with no legacy code.
Share your passion for code and challenges and become part of our team as a
Senior Backend Engineer
- As a Senior Backend Engineer, you are responsible for developing high-quality software in an agile / test-driven process
- You will shape the development process and optimize it in collaboration with our frontend / UX department regarding performance and user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- You will be in charge of the architecture of our modular service-oriented system and share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technology discussions.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking the lead on projects, as needed and mentoring other team members.
Relevant work experience
Ability to think and design with an API first approach
You have excellent communication skills with strong analytical skills and a mindset to get things done.
Ideally a degree in Computer Science, engineering or a similar subject.
Knowledge of distributed and service-oriented architectures
Some frontend/ mobile knowledge would be desirable, but it’s not a requirement
Also, expertise in automated infrastructure
Web services (REST, JSON)
ASP.NET Core, Ruby on Rails is a plus
Queuing (ex. RabbitMQ, NServiceBus)
SQL and no-SQL dbs (CosmosDB / Mongo / Dynamo / SQL Server)
TDD, DDD, Clean Code
Cloud Services (AWS / Azure / Google)
Linux / Windows / Bash / Powershell
Chef, Docker, Terraform, CI/CD (ex. Bamboo, TeamCity, Gitlab, Octopus Deploy)
At our new Berlin office in Friedrichshain, you will pursue greenfield, customer-centric projects with impact on the Oetker Group both domestically and internationally. We invite you to voice your ideas and explore new paths, in an open-minded, motivated, team-oriented environment.
Our core values reflect those of a family-run business, and as such we are committed to investing in you, your personal and professional development.
Interested? Become part of our team and shape the future of the Oetker Group!
Oetker Digital GmbH | Nora Erdmann | +49 (0)30 555 796 871